The programme aims to provide students with a rigorous academic experience whilst also developing innovative methods of delivery, particularly in the use of technology enhanced learning. Much emphasis is placed on ‘deep’ learning whereby learners grasp and apply principles to different contexts and experiences. Skill usage is integrated with subject knowledge, and skill and subject coverage is designed to be incremental. Methods of innovative delivery use pedagogical approaches such as active learning from quizzes and experiments, role play and debates, enquiry-based learning and interactive learning using group discussions and clinical legal education methods.
Students are encouraged to critically reflect critically on their skills development in order to develop their ability to make sound professional judgments. This allows students to actively apply and integrate the theory of law with legal and professional skills.
The overall aims of the programme are:
- To provide an advanced understanding of the corporate and legal responsibilities and governance in an international business context.
- To provide opportunities for the systematic development of the skills of objective analysis, evaluation and presentation to enable students to further develop confidence in effectively appraising and implementing market strategies in the context of international business law.
- To develop an ability to apply knowledge and understanding of business law in relation to complex issues affecting global trade and corporate governance, both systematically and creatively, to improve business and management practice.
- To provide a stimulating academic environment, rooted in the experiences of the student, but firmly based upon the values of academic openness and critical appraisal.
- To explore and develop a comprehensive understanding of academic theory in order to inform and improve current business and commercial and legal practice in an international business context.
- To critically apply ‘action based learning’ in the form of experiential activities and enable students to develop and manage solutions to complex circumstances, whilst analysing the impact this will have on the organisation with an emphasis on the international business context.
Minimum 12 months, maximum 5 years.
Study Online, graduate on-campus
Our MBAs are available 100% Online but you are invited to attend the graduation ceremony held in York, England. Attendance to the graduation ceremony is entirely optional.
100% online via OnlineCampus (an interactive online learning environment) with intensive class discussion and collaboration.
The number of places per term is strictly limited to 40.
The University of Cumbria is ranked number 8th in the World for Quality Education by the Times Higher Education in 2020.
Four terms per year (winter, spring, summer and autumn).
12,000 CHF (Swiss Francs). You might be eligible for a bursary of 2000 CHF (Swiss Francs) reducing your tuition fees to 13,000 CHF (Swiss Francs). This fee includes online library access (including ebooks), OnlineCampus access, graduation fees, and University matriculation fees. Fees are payable in interest free instalments, however, the programme is not eligible for UK Postgraduate Loans for Master’s Study. The fees are for the entire programme, and include all the courses as well as supervision for the final dissertation.
Accreditation and Recognition
The University of Cumbria LL.M programme offered online is recognised worldwide. The University of Cumbria received the University title, and degree awarding powers, from by Her Majesty’s Most Honourable Privy Council. It is fully recognised by the British Government and duly listed on the United Kingdom’s Department for Business, Innovation and Skills list of recognised UK awarding institutions.